Thursday, February 21, 2008

Coffee gets it's turn at a Thursday Thirteen

1. The aroma of coffee brewing in my kitchen is enough to pull me from the deepest sleep.
2. Coffee is the number one reason I drag my sorry butt out of bed most mornings.
3. Coffee doesn't talk back, argue or give me a hard time before I'm ready.
4. Coffee is warm, patient and always available.
5. You can sit and drink it or take it with.
6. Coffee travels well in the car without asking how long until you get there.
7. All the variety. There are hundreds of things one can do to a cup of coffee.
8. I like mine with milk, a little cream if I'm sinning.
9. If I'm really sinning, I add cinammon and just a dash of vanilla.
10. Coffee gives me something to do with my hands.
11. I have one mug that goes with me into the yard most mornings to check the flowers that bloomed overnight. The dog, the coffee and I make a good, early morning team.
12. I finish whatever the kids leave me in the pot. My favorite times are when there's not enough for a second cup, and I can make more.
13. And last, coffee is universal. I could wander the whole world and every country has coffee. Unlike Dr. Pepper, which gets harder to find as you leave the South!

1 comment:

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

NY has Dr. Pepper. And lots of coffee, thank God. Gotta have my java.