2) It's a great chance to tell your family, your kids and everyone around you that you love them.
5) One of our family traditions is that I always got the kids a stuffed animal for Valentines. I only stopped when they told me they were too old.
7) Valentines Day is one day I don't have any trouble sitting down to write.
8) Valentine's Day is a great excuse to buy lingerie for yourself.
9) Or even your significant other!
10) I always feel the need for Frank Sinatra music, love songs, Pavarotti, Domingo and all those great Italian songs! Yeah, baby! Sing to me!
11) Valentines Day is a great reason to bake sweets. Almost as good a reason as Christmas time. But I don't feel like I have to make more than one thing, so it can be special. Thinking about a chocolate torte this year.
12) Watching my kid leave for school with stuff for his girlfriend he'd purchased without my help made me happy. He's growing up.
14) No matter where you are, what your circumstances, whether you have a significant other or not, whether you and your S.O. celebrate or ignore it, take a moment and think about all the people you love. Send them a little lift, a little bit of your spirit!